30 December 2014

RESOLUTIONS, DETOX & FASHION


January 1st is less than 24 hours away, which means it is time to reflect on all that the year has meant to us and consider what awaits us in the year that lurks around the corner. 


The start of a new year also marks that monumental task of forging New Years resolutions of which I have never been too keen - Probably because I seem to break them within the first 48 hours. However, this time, I am determined to start 2015 differently, because this time I hold high exceptions for what lies ahead for me. I am hoping that next year will mark; the purchase of my first flat, the beginnings of my career in fashion, and travel....lots of travel. 


With these new adventures ahead I have been inspired to make some new year resolutions and wanted  to share them with you.

Weight Loss 
Oh yes.. If you were to look at the poll of most popular NY resolutions I am sure this one would win hands down at every opportunity. This is something I have needed to get serious about for a long time and not just for the pure vanity of it but for my overall health. So this year I will be taking this seriously and look forward to the obligatory new wardrobe that will have to be purchased as a result. 

Love My Friends So Much More
I have always been notorious for being bad at making an effort with friends, i.e. responding to texts  a week later or only meeting up once a month. However this year I have really come to understand the friendships in my life a lot more and have understood how important my relationships with people are. So this year I want to be around for my friends a lot more  than times past and create more memories with them.

Adopt The Less Is More Attitude
My wardrobe seems to have gained a few sartorial pounds this year and I am horrified to say that most of my garments still have the labels on or have never been warn. So next year I'm starting my fashion detox and riding myself of all the unnecessary and poorly judged fashion splurges and adopting the less is more ideology by buying a few higher end staple pieces to mix and match with the odd - and let me stress, "sensibly thought out", purchases I will make along the year.

Work Harder
I'm done with complacency and laziness. For me, 2015 is the year when hard work and determination will take hold. I hope that in 2015 my blog will grow and that I will land my first job in the fashion industry. 

Here is a cheers to all of our followers and readers. We wish you a happy New Year and  good luck with all of your NY resolutions. 

END

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig